Sunday, September 8, 2013

Process and Product

 When I normally write papers, I usually write from beginning to end. Other than a little correcting grammar and tweaking the body, my rough draft usually strongly resembles my final copy. But that wasn't the case with this paper. I knew ahead of time I needed two different rough drafts, along with my final copy, so I decided before I started that I would most definitely not write the way I normally do. And honestly, it helped. Knowing my first rough draft wouldn't be graded on quality, I kind of just put my thoughts about my commercial down on paper as soon as they crossed my mind. This made it easier to comb through my ideas, instead of just sorting through them in my head. After I organized my thoughts on paper, I was actually surprised at how legible my rough draft sounded. I really liked having to have my rough draft turned in a week before my final copy. This way, I really couldn't procrastinate until the last minute, and it gave me much more time to edit my paper. I also really enjoyed the workshops. I was a little apprehensive about them beforehand, but they really helped me see some things I do't think I could have without someone else's opinion. I can say I am more satisfied with this paper than I have been with any I've wrote in a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment